Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Week - Lot's more stuff




All right we had our first real snow this week and I'm sure everyone knows how cold it was. Granted I was out of town so Heather had to bundle up the kiddies and play. Without further ado I'll let the kids talk.
Issie: I had to go to the dockie twice this week to get my cough checked out. The first time they gave me bubble gum medicine (Amoxicilian) and then the second time I went in I got tested and now I have to wear this mask thingy and breathe. Editors note: This means she was diagnosed with "a restricted airway" which you me and the rest of the non-medical world calls asthma. We got her a nebulizer and give her treatments when she needs them. Not a big surprise given our allergy/asthma history. Then last night hile mommy and daddy were getting ready for their grown up game night I threw up. EN: Yup - apparently we got sick from going to the Dr so much this week, she threw up again after everyone left so at least we had our game night un-interrupted.
Zane: Seeing as how I'm still housebound the worst thing to happen to me this week is that mommy interrupted nap time twice so we could go pick up my big sister from pre-School. I mean how unfair is that, the younger child always gets the shaft! In adition to this my mouth hurts from the two teeth coming in, but I am able to play with my cars by myself longer which is a lot of fun.
Heather: This week I was housebound since I sure as heck wasn't going out in that cold weather. One funny thing that happened early this week was that in an attempt to keep my children from destroying my new phone I decided to keep it in my pocket. Well when I went pee and stood up you can probably guess where my phone ended up. Luckily Verizon covers water (or in this case pee) damage and after paying my deductible I have a new less fun phone (my new one is black and my old one was red). One really exciting thing that happened is that our across the street neighbors want me to watch their newborn and will pay me about $200 a week to do it. The best part is I don't start until August so I still get the summer to have fun.
Steve: Let's face it people mylife is less interestng than my kids or wife. I spent this week the week in Cincinatti and Columbus for work and other than given my sister grief for having to shovel her driveway while I was having a cocktail with dinner my work week went by quickly. We did have game night last night and it was fun. Heather and I are both a little worse for the long night since normally we act like old people and are in bed before 10:00. It was a change for us to actually interact with adults and not spend the entire evening talking about nothing but our kids.
That's it for this week. Heather came up with the new format so any derrogatory comments will be met with the go to Hell glare.

1 comment:

  1. The Kiddies look so cute in all their winter gear. They also look like they're having a blast! See, Heather-aren't you glad they'll grow up with some Northern winters?! Just wait a year or two and you can take them sledding. (Of course, they'll probably also start pelting each other with snowballs and delivering the dreaded Face Wash.)

    ReplyDelete